Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom (again)

Today we finished up our first War Amps CHAMPS seminar. I don't know what I really expected going in, but coming out I feel so much better than I expected it's difficult to believe. I had no idea how much support they would be able to offer us. It's really an incredible organization. There was a session on Saturday morning for parent counselling and while I didn't think I was particularly well adjusted to the whole thing -- and I'm not, I did see some of the areas for concern still there, so I've got something to work on -- I was really shocked at some of the stories they were able to share with us of the reactions some parents have.

Anyway, it wrapped up early today and it's been raining pretty well all morning, so I decided to take a bit of time on Mom's birthday to scan some more pictures and share them here. There's the one in the link, which is from about 1954 of her and her brother at the farm in Norboro (I think), but there's a few others in there I never expected. As you'll be able to see, the envelope was just a mix of her random photos that didn't fit anywhere else. One I'm pretty sure my dad gave her when he was first chasing her really speaks to the time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joe, I see that you made it in the news paper when you were young.

    I'm sure that your mom is smiling from heaven as you remember her birthday with this post. It's nice to look at old photos and see how much things have changed in such a short time.

    I've been reading a small book that is a #1 New York Times Bestseller list. It's called Heaven is for Real. It's about a little boy's astounding story of his trip to heaven and back. It has a Yellow cover and the author is Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent. You can see the reviews and video interview on the web.

    Happy Birthday in heaven PhyllisI hope that you got your big wings by now. Julia

    ReplyDelete