Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Photo



I hope I'll get back to this now, I'm feeling motivated now and specifically went into the pile of totes full of Mom's stuff looking for this photo so I could start this off.

Why right now? Mostly because I had a dream last night that won't leave me. I was at the curling club with Christine and James. It was a party and we were drinking and talking with friends and then by the door I saw Mom standing there. She wasn't saying anything, just watching and smiling. That's it. That's the whole dream.

Anyway, the photo that inspired the name for the blog. Or at least one of them, I'm sure there are others I've seen with exactly the same "Nice Day" comment on them, sometimes with a period, usually not.

4 comments:

  1. Joe I'm glad that you got nudged by dreaming of your Mom. What a nice dream. Paying attention to your dreams can be a good place to start.

    Looking forward to reading more of Nice Day. Happy Easter to All. JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mentioned what a nice photo of you. That's what James will look like. Hugs JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin Evie gave me an envelope with more pictures in it today with yet more "Blond Justin". No dates on them but we figured they were probably 1978. I'll get them up too.

    Those boots I'm wearing in this photo. I remember them so well, I hated every second I had to have them on. Orthopedics have come a LONG way since then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you are sitting on the side of your chair so you can be closer to your cake. :)

    ReplyDelete