Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New Mission: Dad's Stuff Too

This started out being all about my mom and what happened leading up to her death and what I found afterward, going through her things.  I'm changing my objective a bit now, since I also have a huge amount of my dad's stuff to go through.  I think it's still keeping in the spirit of what I started to do after Mom died, sharing the memories that I found and hopefully getting some help from friends and family in putting together some of the pieces I'm missing.

So that said, I'll start off with an obvious bridge.  A photo I found in Dad's stuff dated February 14th, 1987.


I remember that trip to Charlottetown, there's even a photo of me from that session, but it's not been scanned in yet.  I may post it here when I scan it or I may not, maybe it just lands on G+ or Facebook one of these days.

Next are a couple of photos from a little later.  I'm guessing this is from 1990 or 1991, but this is where I need some help from family.  It was taken at my cousin Sheila's place (that painting in the background is now hanging at the bottom of the stairs leading into my bar and theatre).

Austin, Dad, Stella and Lila
And this looks like it was at my aunt Lila's place on King Street around Christmas, but I couldn't guess which Christmas, exactly.

Dad and Herb
This one was dated, September 1989:

Stella, Eileen, Dad, Lila and Austin

Three more from the same packet, undated, but I think they were probably during the same week or two:

 

And I'll end with a photo Dad took that he was always very pleased with.  He told me the lens flare in the upper-right quadrant looked like an angel to him.  That's all I've got for now.



1 comment:

  1. Nice picture of your mom and dad. It's good to have those old photos to look at from time to time.
    A lot has changed in the way we take photos now with those digital cameras and Smart phones.

    Take care, hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete